Get the Best for Your Design Business
Whether you need to hire another interior designer, showroom manager or CEO — or if you need one new employee, ten, or more — use DMC’s retained recruiting services to staff the optimal workforce for your business.
Put our 20 years of networking, resources and experience in the interior design and home furnishings industry to work for you. Take advantage of the opportunity to find the best candidates, with the skills you need. We guarantee we’ll help you avoid the unnecessary cost of a wrong hire.
A Holistic Approach to Hiring
DMC is not a job matching service. In addition to recruiting assistance, DMC provides expert evaluation of your business, to develop a holistic approach that integrates the hiring process into a customized program for taking your business to the next level of professional success.
Our retained recruiting services are tailored to your needs, and may include:
- Determining the role needed to fulfill the job duties
- Writing and advertising a job description
- Providing advice on compensation packages and structures
- Conducting search of candidates and screening, online and in person
- Capturing salient responses via video for your private review
- Making final recommendations on the best candidates for you to interview
The Cost-Benefit of Getting It Right the First Time
There are many expenses associated with hiring a new employee. These are only compounded when you need to repeat the entire hiring process to replace the wrong hire. Your costs include your time, the time of your existing employees, and the lost opportunity that terminating an unsuccessful hire entails.
There are also hard-to-quantify costs to your business, such as lower employee morale, customer dissatisfaction, lost customers, lost sales and reduced productivity. In terms of real dollars, different sources provide different numbers, but here are some statistics:
- 27 percent of U.S. employers say a bad hire costs the company more than $50,000*
- It costs $7,000 to replace a salaried employee, $10,000 to replace a mid-level employee, and $40,000 to replace a senior executive**
- The average settlement of a negligent hiring lawsuit is nearly $1 million***
- The average cost of a bad hiring decision can equal 30% of the first year’s potential earnings****
SOURCES: *2013 CareerBuilder Survey; ** Recruiting Times; ***Human Resources Management; ****The U.S. Department of Labor
Find out which services may fit your needs: Contact moc.C1511382732YNCMD1511382732@dyol1511382732L1511382732 or call 212.777.5718
We respect your privacy; all consultations are 100% confidential.
Need a New Position? We Assist Job Seekers Too
Design Management Company provides corporate recruiting and career management consulting to interior design, architecture and home furnishings professionals. Our areas of expertise include positions for sales, interior design, art management, and business management.
“I wanted to thank you for a very honest conversation. Your insight and directness enabled me to push myself out of the box, make some decisions and obtain my current position”.
You can also contact Lloyd here: